Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Steve Earle is coming to Minneapolis!!!!

For the first time, since we moved here twenty years ago, I am counting down the days until winter is done....well, nearly done....Steve is coming to Minneapolis on March 9, three days after I turn 51, and I have the tickets in my freezing little hand....



He's been here, of course, in the last twenty years, but illness, babies or various other aspects of life kept me from seeing him...meanwhile, he made many CDs (or albums as we called them in my youth) and my children are nearly all grown up now. He's older, but still has the same powerful, wonderful voice that I have loved all of these years. In this house, I am a devoted roots rocker, trying to keep alive the music I cut my teeth on in Texas, even though some of the singers have gone onto their rewards. Waylon is gone, but Steve Earle is still with us, living in New York City and keeping a lot of us here in Flyover Land trudging through the snow and cold until March 9...



Keep rockin' Steve!!



No comments: