Sunday, February 10, 2008

14 below zero......really.....


I never thought, in my entire life, I would ever live in a part of the country where the "high", on any day of the winter, would be below zero....today, started off at -14...now, at about 8 p.m.....it's "warmed" up to -7, but is dropping rapidly...


I was born and raised in Texas, grew up in Central Texas....granted the heat of the summer is almost unbearable.....but, here, a lot of days in the winter, you can't open your front door to get your mail without incurring severe frost bite...


The days look deceptively lovely from the other side of the window...I stand in my living room and look out at the sparkling snow and I almost want to go outside. Almost. Mostly, in the winters, I just stay inside. I take our children to school, then come home and stay in the house. I've been blessed not to have to have a "big girl job," all of these years and, on days like this, I am especially glad to be home.


Okay.....enough now....I just want to go to bed.....


1 comment:

guitargirl44 said...

Thinking of you, Joanna as you freeze your tootsies off, hoping Spring comes earley :) Get a load of this... I've never been in a place where it was snowing. I've only seen dirty snow days after a snowfall. LOL. Maybe someday you can come visit me here in Cali... as long as you don't mind 4 million people. Jenny xx