Friday, February 29, 2008

Going home....




My daughter, Hannah Joy, and I are going back home to Texas at the end of March. It's when the hill country is the most beautiful, the bluebonnets are up, everyone has a sense of starting over. My family home has been put up for sale, it's been 14 years since my Mama died and the time has just come to let it go. The developers and "progess" have been cheweing up the incredible land where I spent so many years of my life...16 acres of land and Mama's dream home may be gone down the dirty road of growth...


I know it has to happen...people have to have a place to live... hey, West Texas is a wonderful place to raise a family....


God bless Texas.....

1 comment:

Tessa Rose said...

Hey, I hope you have a good trip home. My mom has been in a similar situation with her childhood home on the Kansas prairie. I hope it all works out for you.

Thanks for the advice. I'll be careful. :)

And by the way, I like your favorite books list. Margaret Mitchell and Tolstoy are incredible.