Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Bluebonnets and Texas sunset....




When I get homesick....I think of Texas in the spring and the bluebonnets and incredible sunsets....
My family home sets about an acre off the road, that bit of land is covered in bluebonnets, and, when I was growing up, folks would stop and ask if they could take pictures of their children and dogs in the flowers...
Black labs in red bandanas, little tufts of children carefully sitting in the blue soft cover....
The memories sustain me when it's cold and gray in Minnesota....
These photos are courtesy of Jeff R. Clow, copyright by Jeff R. Clow...Check out his other work on the internet, he takes unbelieveable photographs...and he lives in Texas!!




1 comment:

guitargirl44 said...

As you know, Joanna, I want to move out of California very badly. Texas has always been a consideration for me, ever since I visited San Antonio many years ago. It's such a beautiful state... and I hear the music is really great there ;) Let's go to Luckenbach, Texas, with Waylon and Willie and the boys...